whats in an X?
– X can be short of exchange. We hope the xbible project can be a perfect gift for someone curious about the teachings of Jesus, as well a instant messager app called ‘Pidgin’ acts as a one sized fits all messenger that works with MSN/ICQ/Google/Yahoo accounts to chat to people which could be a way to disciple and encourage someone finding about Christ who many not have a believing friend in their neighbourhood.
– X can be a kiss. Not always as awkward as you think. In some cultures, men can often kiss each other on the cheek, quite common in Arab culture you see a father and son, brothers or close friends do this in much of the middle east. If you look at the writings of Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5 as an example.
– X can be a secret. The content on the xbible USB flash drive is protected by encryption, for situations where a bible is forbidden, often in Islamic or Communist states.
– X marks the spot. In a place where there may no distribution channels for bibles, a bible might feel like a treasured possession for some believers, like in say, China.
– X is a crude abbreviation. Its all used in a tacky shortening of words like Xmas and Xtian, its not my favourite way of abbreviating Christ. Turn your head 45 degrees and it looks like a cross though.
– X can a multiplication symbol. The number of believers in Jesus in many Islamic countries like Iran or Afghanistan has increased exponentially in the last 30 years, more coming to Christ than the whole history of Islam!!!
The xbible actually is named that for the temporary drive X: made when its ran on a regular Windows PC.