Its a year since our Iranian/American brother in the Lord, Saeed Abedini was locked up for trying to set up an orphanage in Iran. We have never met him, but from hearing his testimony he is one of the more well known Iranian believers who abandoned a life of radical Islam for following Jesus.
The Evin prison just outside of Tehran is one of the toughest places imaginable.
Please do get involved with prayer and campaigning to get Saeed out of prison and back to his wife and children, and that ministry to Iranian people would continue.
When you are finished with your xbible, you must exit the application menu before you unplug it.
The ‘close and exit safely’ button does the following:-
- closes any apps left open, ie: bible applications, AbiWord, VLC player, Chrome browser,
- close Windows Explorer windows (no not Internet Explorer browser, I’m referring to any windows displaying files and folders)
- closes the menu program from the taskbar
- makes the X: drive vanish by closing the hidden encrypted X: drive correctly, this step won’t work right unless the above are done.
The icon on the taskbar is used to eject ‘normal’ USB storage devices, but the ‘Close and Exit’ button must be done first on the xbible flash drive
I liken the Close and Exit safely button to an ejector seat button!! It needs to work quickly, using the black box that appears for a moment.
Lets say you are a student in a library with your laptop using xbible in an Islamic University, if someone approaches you this is designed to hide what you are doing.
We remind you to NEVER unplug your xbible flash drive suddenly, this will cause any apps running to crash and could corrupt the files too.
whats in an X?
– X can be short of exchange. We hope the xbible project can be a perfect gift for someone curious about the teachings of Jesus, as well a instant messager app called ‘Pidgin’ acts as a one sized fits all messenger that works with MSN/ICQ/Google/Yahoo accounts to chat to people which could be a way to disciple and encourage someone finding about Christ who many not have a believing friend in their neighbourhood.
– X can be a kiss. Not always as awkward as you think. In some cultures, men can often kiss each other on the cheek, quite common in Arab culture you see a father and son, brothers or close friends do this in much of the middle east. If you look at the writings of Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5 as an example.
– X can be a secret. The content on the xbible USB flash drive is protected by encryption, for situations where a bible is forbidden, often in Islamic or Communist states.
– X marks the spot. In a place where there may no distribution channels for bibles, a bible might feel like a treasured possession for some believers, like in say, China.
– X is a crude abbreviation. Its all used in a tacky shortening of words like Xmas and Xtian, its not my favourite way of abbreviating Christ. Turn your head 45 degrees and it looks like a cross though.
– X can a multiplication symbol. The number of believers in Jesus in many Islamic countries like Iran or Afghanistan has increased exponentially in the last 30 years, more coming to Christ than the whole history of Islam!!!
The xbible actually is named that for the temporary drive X: made when its ran on a regular Windows PC.
The xbible project will be out sometime in 2014.
Last week was Yom Kippor, the day of the Atonement where Jewish people fast. This week is Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles.
Where as Jesus fulfilled the law, the traditional Jewish feasts should be still celebrated by Jewish people today including those who know Jesus as their Messiah. John 7 : 2 mentions this event.
Today we are about to finish work but listen to some Messianic Jewish worship music using one of our playlists of radio stations. We also have Arabic, Persian, Turkish, English and French radio also!!
This uses the included VLC player included and is very simple to use. This teaching and music is in English, Hebrew and Russian. Meanwhile many Christians are travelling to Jerusalem this week to worship at this event. The Feast of Tabernacles event is put on by the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem each year.
Its our desire this will help draw more Jewish people into praise and worship of our Yeshua HaMoshiach!!! (Jesus the Messiah)
Voice of the Martyrs is an excellent ministry that seeks to assist Christians in countries where bibles and Christian books are hard to come by.
They are helping translate and distribute different books
Read more at :- http://www.persecutionblog.com/2013/09/books-as-medicine.html